Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Sausalito Studio and a hilly run


For the last two weeks I've spent my Tuesdays taking clients at a tiny, beautiful studio in downtown Sausalito. It's a gorgeous situation. I spend my morning rushing my child and the rest of our carpool to school, packing lunches and stuffing my work supplies and whatever she needs for school into the car. Then I get to the studio a short drive away. I park up one of the twisty streets and walk down. As I walk I can feel my breath starting to return.

There's no sign, just a quiet stairway decked with flowers. 


Go up those stairs and you'll see a lovely rooftop porch with flowers and a nice place to sit and read or sip tea. 

There are other quiet businesses on the second floor as well. Turn right and there's an unmarked screen door that is always locked. I've so far asked my clients to call or text me so that I can let them in. Beyond that door is another one, this time brown and also unmarked.

Here it is... Cute, huh? -->


 Afterwards I took a run...I forgot one major detail, though. Sausalito is basically a series of steep hills and I'm on my second week of training from a three month break. I took it slow and let myself rest when necessary. I spent as short of a time as I could on Bridgeway with its constant crowds. I turned off towards the Bay and ran for a while along the path there and the parking lots. Not too pleasant, though. Too much construction, and did I mention that the way by the Bay is entirely made up of parking lots?

I turned off and started to go up for a while. Here I am, nearly at the top of one hill...whew.

Here's my foot and a nice view. <grin>
This is, believe it or not, about half way down the hill from the last image.



No comments:

Post a Comment