Thursday, July 7, 2011

Human Impact

Just a quick post before I go back to my evening chores to mention 350.org. A while back I started seeing interesting Facebook posts and tweets from one of my favorite political and cultural thinkers, Naomi Klein, who is a board member of this group. Now, to be honest, I don't know much about them yet, but the videos of their past actions and their promotional pieces were just amazing. The basic message is that the safe level of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere is 350 parts per million. We are now currently at 392 ppm and have work to do. Clear. Concrete. Succinct.

What I really like is that they've gone local by empowering people to start their own chapters and create changes where they live. Now let's see where it goes.

So go look at their web site. Read about their next action on September 24, which they're calling "Moving Planet." If it makes sense to you, go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment